Friday, September 11, 2009

9.11.01

After reading my last post over again and catching a glimpse into my portrayal of workweek bitterness I realized that instead of complaining about how tired and downtrodden I am I should have been paying tribute to our soldiers and civilians who lost their lives as a result of 9/11...and the military men and women fighting our enemy, protecting our country, and risking their lives to keep America free.

I remember I was in chapel when we got the word that the Twin Towers were hit. Where were you? How did it make you feel? Will you ever forget it? I will never forget the way it wove together a unique group of college kids with one passion: to save the lost of those still living and affected by this tragic circumstance.

Will you ever forget the way it struck you when you got the news? Have we forgotten what it's like, already, to have lived through such a tragic moment in history, and have we put it all behind us?

Let us not forget those who boldly went where no one else wanted to go when they stood up and took a stand for freedom. Those fighting today are true heroes and examples of disciplined, honorable, grounded soldiers who deserve the funds we have instead given to a senseless effort like global warming.

I will never forget that day. I will never forget that moment. And I will always try to remember the pain and suffering of the lives affected by that tragedy when I am raging about my own minute problems that are nothing but small heartburns compared to the evil and massive destruction that ruined the lives of many.

God bless America.

1 comment: