Sunday, February 20, 2011

I passed!

After nearly a year of studying and wanting to bash my head against the wall from reading charts and formulas and books it is finally over. Hoo-rah!

I passed my exam yesterday on the third floor of Manassas Battlefield Overlook II in a quiet and sweaty room. It was four hours long - three for the 150 multiple choice section and one for the simulation. Not all the hours had to be used, but I am slow, as most of us know. So of course I was there til' practically the last minute.

I actually couldn't believe it when the words "congratulations" appeared across the screen. I thought for sure I'd fluked out and was going to have to retake. There was a part of me though that hoped maybe, just MAYBE, I would be spared and hit a little more than enough right to get a passing score. And I did.

But I didn't do it. It was only by the grace of God and the prayers of family and friends that I had any chance of making it through.

On this one day after, I am breathing more normally and not sure what to do with myself with all this free time on my hands. It's strange not to have the thoughts "I have to study" in the back of my head.

I feel so free!

I don't know what the next step is from here or what, if anything, I'll do with the certification for the time being. But I can at least cross one more thing off my list of things I wanted to do before I was 30.

Thanks for everyones support and love and to God for His astounding grace to which none can be measured, through this journey in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment