Tuesday, November 15, 2011

All Good Things Come to an End

I love blank pages of paper. Electronic ones. They make me excited because they give opportunity to endlessly write, which I don’t do near enough as I want to or should (to develop my skills). But something about having a blank page in front of me motivates me to no end.

This week I am back at work part time and then next week full time. We have a half week because of Thanksgiving which is helpful in transition.

I long for being home. Levi and I had our routine: get up, make coffee, turn on Good Morning America and Regis and Kelly, feed, play time, sleep, repeat.

Back at work I’m already into the same old routine – helping people resolve issues with clients that have resurfaced from months ago and wondering why it is so hard for them to do the same digging I do to find the information they need. Some things never change. The office is still bare, eerie, and quiet. Offices are spread out and I never hear much chatter just as before. I guess that’s a good thing, but it’s often too strange for words.

People are being nice asking about Levi and how I’m coping. They seem genuinely concerned for my wellbeing and ever since the word came out that I was pregnant, they’ve been ultra-supportive. I do work for a good company.

It is hard leaving something you love so much, but I am grateful that we do not have to put Levi in daycare and that he is able to be with his daddy and nanny during the day.

So, back to the old northern Virginia commute I go, except with a new added label: mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment