Thursday, January 19, 2012

Live Slower. Be Bolder.

Today I found myself drenched in Christ’s love.

Have you ever had one of those days where you simply feel His presence, His awesomeness, surrounding you wherever you are? I had one of those days today and I wish it would stay with me forever.

My thoughts on what I felt:

These days are rare. Few and far between. And when they happen, I need to do my part to let Him enter in, and soak up every ounce with abundant praise.

Christ is never gone. He is, and always will be, at the reach of our palms.

We have the opportunity to be drenched in His love always, if we let Him drench us. There is glorious blessing right around the corner, overflowing for our taking.

He is sovereign.

Also…

I’ve felt this way for several weeks now, but I also think I hear Him reminding me to live slower. I go so fast through life, literally saying my sentences at warp speed before thinking, or trying to clean up my kitchen so quickly that I knock things over and wake the baby up. Why do I do that?

When I try to get things done, I find myself rushing, almost always. And even in the workplace I rush to explain stories. Or when I’m talking to a client or have five projects that piled on my desk out of nowhere. And I have realized, as of late, that it does no good to try to do those things quickly.

I am watching life pass me by. Moving at a slower pace through life allows me to be more confident in myself.

Speak slower. Walk slower. Respond slower. Listen. Think before answering. Breathe. There is no good that comes from hurrying.

Lastly…

Be bolder [in my walk with Christ]. How is it that some people at work still do not know I am Christian? It is more than likely because I am either not living at work like I do at home, or that I am not bold enough about my faith. Or both.

The older I get the more I realize that I really do want to win others to Christ. I really do want them to see Christ in me. And as hard as it is to pick up my cross, I must do it. I must not be ashamed for others to know that He is the center of me. No matter how many jokes people make.

My heart breaks to know that the Father’s heart breaks when He is mocked, forgotten, and ignored.

Live slower. Be bolder.

No comments:

Post a Comment