Monday, July 2, 2012

Entering His 30s...I present to you, Isaac Gresham.

I met Isaac when he was 17. He used to pick me up for high school in his little white integra and carry my cheerleading box to football games.

We met in art class when he said he liked my painting. I thought it was really ugly.

Yesterday, he turned 30, like a lot of people have done. But it felt strange to me than someone else turning 30 because he's mine. He's my family. I carried his bloodline. And it's a reality for me that we are getting older and my time is coming soon.

Yes, doom is upon me.

As we ventured out to DC to our French hotel (they said "Bonjour" and called me "Madame!") I was ready for an evening past midnight, AT LEAST.

It did not happen.

We were in bed by 11:30.

As we sat there at Le Bar in the Sofitel DC sipping our cocktails, we both felt naseous, parched, and tired.

It appeared dinner and the play alone wore us out. We are getting old. Dang.

In spite of our party poopedness, we did have a great time...here are a few pics to highlight our much anticipated night out. 


Getting ready. We made it just in the nick of time. Had to backtrack from Woodbridge and take 66 because 95 was a bottleneck, AS USUAL. We made it just in the nick of time to get dressed and prance down 16th Street to the St. Regis hotel, just blocks from the White House.


Adour at the St. Regis.


I think he liked the restaurant just a little bit. Although I did make him take this pic.










Pondering D.C. 
I was adoring our French complimentary desserts. The plated assortment reminded me of the treats Carrie would eat in Paris on "Sex and the City." The only thing missing were our cigarettes...LOL.



Headed to see "The Home of the Solider."



  



Complimentary smoothies at the Bistro.



French Press Coffee....YUM.
 


Complimentary croissants and baguettes.




Birthday boy. 
 



 YES IT IS.










Later on Sunday I went to visit Carrie.








And Aunt Lori and my cousins from Ohio were there.



Haven't seen them since they were wee little!
 


I love July - it is my favorite month of the year. And I'll tell you why in my next post. Here's to a great Fourth, celebrating America's independence!

No comments:

Post a Comment