Monday, August 3, 2015

Fixate-ing is Fun!

I really didn't like the word "fix" as it related to the workout program I purchased, at first.

When I think of the word fix it reminds me of an addiction and mesmerization on something other than Christ. For Hebrews 12:2 says "Let us fix our eyes on JESUS, the author and perfecter of our faith..."

I've noticed in my own life that fixing, or fixating, on anything other than Jesus in this earthly life journey can often lead down a destructive path. One that is misguided, irrational, and out of focus.

With that said, I believe that we can allow God to steer us down the path of life through His lenses and be able to enjoy earthly gifts while giving Him the glory and seeking Him through our choices. Remembering that He is the foundation of all our efforts and keeping a humble heart is what will sustain us through this life. Nothing we can do, or say, or accomplish means anything without the joy and purpose He brings to fulfill it.

Autumn's 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, and Fixate cookbook all have a really neat framework behind them. They're all tested, and they actually work. The theory behind them? It takes 21 days to form a habit. So, devoting three weeks to simple nutrition and simple fitness through these programs will help form good habits and develop a healthy lifestyle for the longterm.

Simple fitness is found in Autumn's workout DVD's, but the simple nutrition part, which is KEY in developing healthy habits and losing weight, is in her portion control system which was developed to be used alongside of her workouts.

In this program, you calculate your calorie needs and based on those needs follow a chart that shows how many servings of vegetables, fruits, protein, carbs, fats, and seeds/oils you can eat per day. It's as simple as that.

After much excitement, popularity, and success surrounding this program, Autumn decided to create a separate, special cookbook to be used with this program, or with general nutrition needs, as a bonus. And so far, I'm loving it.

This blog post is not only to explain what Fixate is, but to share with you that I am excited about it  and WHY. And to tell you that I have been baking away!

Yesterday, I made four recipes! Two of them were actually from the 21 Day Fix Extreme Eating Guide, but they were similar to the ones in the Fixate cookbook.

The reason I love this cookbook are "SIMPLE:"

1. The recipes are simple and easy.
2. The ingredients are generally common things one would know and do not contain a bunch of things that are foreign (like Irish Moss - I mean where could one even FIND Irish Moss?).
3. The dishes don't take long to make.
4. There is a variety.
5. And they are pretty tasty!

A lot of clean eating cookbooks or recipes have tasteless outcomes, but all of the ones I've tried thus far in here are very tasty! And I say that any recipe your husband and kid approve is a win.

Plus, having the cookbook around the house and just looking at it makes me already start to feel healthier. Placebo affect anyone?





So, here are a few recipes I've put my hand to and tried out for starters.



AUTUMN'S BANANA APPLE MUFFINS: A hint of banana and apple make these babies the right bit of sweet and get me in the mood for fall!






TURKEY CHILI: I subbed ground beef for the turkey because my boys are picky and the beef provides a bit more flavor for them. 



HOMEADE SALSA: Chipotle anyone? That's what this tasted like to me! It was so delish! Sans jalapeno and I added a bit of lime juice. Mmmm!



TURKEY MEATBALLS: My heart leaped when I saw that these bad boys call for OATS (you can see them in the photo!). I added a bit of breadcrumbs also, to make them a bit more tasty for the boys. 





Guys, this stuff is so much fun. And not just because getting a new cookbook delivered to your doorstep is fun (which it is), but because I know I'm providing healthy choices for our family. And I'm not spending a boat load of time doing it.  You can incorporate this into any of your fitness/workout regimes at any time. Happy cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment