Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane

It is that indeed.

Parties, gatherings, errands, appointments, JOBS, cooking, cleaning, laundry. It never ends.

What has made it so hard this year? I think working from home a few days a week made it much easier, but once my company took that away it was required commuting to Ballston 5 days a week. Don't get me wrong, I like it there, but some days it takes me one and a half hours each way not to mention an extra $50 in metro fare that they won't cover in stipend.

All I keep hearing is "People shouldn't complain. At least they have a job." True. Very true. I guess you shouldn't really assume, though, that your company means what they say when they offer you such benefits as working from home and promise you a progression plan, especially in an economy like this. Who knew Obama would make it worse?

All I can do these days is drag myself through the front door of the condo and crash on the floor, which I'm about to go and do.

SOMEONE give me SOMETHING to be peppy about, PLEASE!

1 comment:

  1. Umm you get to come visit sunny Florida and have oodles of fun in the very near future. Be Peppy.

    ReplyDelete