Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Unexpected Double Message

One thing rings true in the life of a Christian--you can always expect the unexpected.

I've had the pleasure of hearing God's word resound twice in my ear about the same thing over the past two weeks. Was it a coincidence? I think not. Forgiveness is what I keep hearing...forgiveness.

"God's well will never run dry so that you cannot keep drawing from it. There is no sin big enough that he will not wipe clean. There is nothing so dark, so shameful, so terrifying that you could do that He will not welcome you in His arms again for day after day after day." These are the words I keep hearing.

Directed towards me? Yes. Directed towards you? Yes. Spoken through Dr. Rutland and Jeff Ling? Yes. Revitalizing, refreshing, comforting, and necessary? Yes.

Thank God for doers and not just followers of Christ to bring us these words of wisdom and truth. Thank God they ARE true and we can lean and believe on them every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment