Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Perfect Day

Do you ever have one of those days, or afternoon-bleeding-into-evenings, that are perfect? And something about every way you move and breathe could not be better...?

...Yesterday we had a yard sale at mom and pop's. The night before I went to bed at 3:30 in the morning. I was partly waiting up for Isaac and partly engaged in a conversation with my best friend on AIM, which we NEVER do that late. I was excited about the yard sale and about the weekend, plus I am a night owl, and I just couldn't bring myself to hit the pillow.

Of course I regretted it the next morning when I had to get up at 6:30 to move stuff out of the house and into Carrie's truck to bring it over to to the sale. Or should I say to have Isaac move stuff out. Pregnancy has it's upsides!

As the morning moved along I got a second wind, got some motivation back, and got excited again. I love yard sales. Our yard sales. And no matter how much everyone in our family complains about them or says how much work they are, I know they secretly love them too. Even dad, who ends up moving most of our stuff and putting up the signs, lol.

It's not really about the money. I mean I only made $40. But it's about being with eachother! I just like having all of us together cracking jokes about trying to sell our ridiculous junk and exxagerating about how people will clamor to get in that we'll have to have buses lined up to control the incoming traffic. It's about the coffee and donuts we have before we start. Although this year there was no coffee and only muffins.

After the yard sale was over I was p-o-o-p-e-d. Sweat was a slobberin' down my legs and I felt like I had not taken a shower in weeks. Gross!

I came home, ate my $7 subway (what a rip, right?, and hopped in the shower. And after my shower I had the most peaceful four hour nap atop our freshly sheet-changed bed. The fan was blowing, I was clean, and I was out. It was one of those serene summer moments. The kind that should come along more often than they do.

When I woke up, the sun was going down and evening was near.

Isaac and I went to Bonefish for a late dinner. He showered too and put on his new polo shirt. I put on my comfy white pants, swept my hair up in a bun, and made my face. I adorned my ears with some silver hoops, threw on a cute cotton tank, and out we went.

I felt so clean and refreshed and special as Isaac took my hand and we walked to the car. And even though we love each other, I knew we both felt in love at that very moment. He looked so handsome and I felt beautiful.

Bonefish was so good as always. And of course we ordered the bang-bang shrimp for an appetizer. The restaurant was not totally packed, which made things more enjoyable. And the waitress kept my ice-cold water glass full. So refreshing for a pregnant person!

On our way home we stopped at Blockbuster to rent a movie and ran into Giant to get some ice cream. The rest of the night is history.

Could I seriously ask for a better Saturday? Not in a million years!

No comments:

Post a Comment