Monday, October 22, 2012

Farm Harvest and Friends

Isaac and I met our good friends Monica and Jimmy, and their daughter Juliet, on Saturday at the Farm Harvest Fest in Herndon. It was a true Harvest Fest, if I do say so myself, with tons of barn animals and down-home wholesome games like the lasso, corn hole, and make-your-own scarecrow.

While Cox Farms is pretty, colorful and has lots of things to do, it seemed more fabricated than the Fest last Saturday.

At the Fest, the people running stands and booths were true rednecks and there were tractors there. I didn't see one at Cox Farms (except for the one we rode and I don't count that!). And there was a fair - with big fluffy animals you could win by throwing a baseball at a target, and funnel cakes.

True country, farmland, stables, fences, ponies, roosters, a puppet show....

I must say, Levi had much more fun at this place than at Cox's and we would definitely go again!

PS, I think Isaac had himself a good time as well...



























No comments:

Post a Comment