Monday, August 12, 2013

Our ever-brewing summer and a gentle reminder.

July ended with our annual yard sale. While it was fun, it unfortunately did not go as well as planned so we are having a "redo" on August 31st at mom's house. (If you know anyone who needs clothes, we have a bunch.)




Mimi was here to visit for several weeks and left earlier this month. As always, she and Levi had a blast playing together.






 We bought Levi a training potty (Elmo, of course) and have been moving in the direction of trying to get him to use it.

 
We've also been trying to get him to use a spoon. It's makes for a big cleanup job afterwards!
 


I've been having fun around the house. I changed up some picture frames and have been looking for specific bedroom decor.

In relation to fitness, I have been feeling better than ever! Though I have been having a lull over the past week. It's those moments where you're tired and sore, but you know you have to keep pushing through...

I forgot my sports bra at work today and was annoyed! So the girls and I went to Milwaukee Custard instead. LOL. ... I have been working to create nutrition plans for friends and family. I created one for a friend at work who wants to lose some weight and eat healthier. We are going to get her measurements today and start tracking progress. I'm hoping it goes well. I'm also going to be working on one for a family member. I'm not an expert at all, but I do feel like I've learned a lot and gained a lot of knowledge over the past year about eating habits, healthy foods, and nutrition. I've also been steadily developing fitness workouts for my co-workers and I to do at lunch. It's been a blast leading them. It's hard for me to separate friendship vs. "coach" mode - I think it'll be easier when I teach fo-real fo-real classes on my own. Oh yeah, I'm studying for my Group Trainer Certification :). My test is in October. I'm quite nervous. I've heard it's hard.

I also detoxed twice. Pee central!


We went to Signal Hill Park pool a week or so ago. It was fun but a bit windy. Levi was shivering!
 


I took Levi to lunch with Gramie (i.e. Maxine) on Sunday. He started actually calling her Gramie! Time has flown.



And I got a hankering to bake a bunch this past weekend (mostly for snacks to have on hand). I made bluebery muffins...

 
Cheesy Egg and Spinach Muffins. I subbed broccoli for spinach and added onion and peppers.
 

 
And made peanut butter hershey kiss cookies. A little bready, but still good!

 
We've been playing outside some.




And baths are more frequent in the summer as a result. 


 
Love this muffin of mine.
 
 
 
Oh and my sweet friend Leslie had her first baby! 
 
 

I wanted to end this post by telling you that I'm so overwhelmed by God's grace. Particularly in moments, circumstances and ways I least expect it.

Ocassionally Often I get frustrated with Levi when he doesn't listen to me. Beginnings of disobedience and ignoring us from instruction has started. He is still a pretty good boy and I can already see lots of manners underway and adherence to our direction, but I also see him taking his freedom into consideration when we ask him to do something.

When I was giving him a bath last night I asked him to stand up so I could wash him and when I tried to help him up to do so he curled his legs so that they would not rest on the floor like I needed them to. I got frustrated saying "Stand UP!" I said this a few times until I finally let it go and set him back down.

Afterward, I was mad at myself for getting mad! I felt it and I knew inside there was a gentler way I could have handled it.

Immediately following my setting him back in the tub he took his hand and shook it up and down in a manner as if it to say "calm down mom!" and has he did this he repeated "Ok? Ok? Ok?" looking right at me.

It was in a such an innocent and sweet manner that I could hardly stand his sweet face. Rather than getting scared, or fearful, or worried about my temper he simply gestured me to "calm down mom. ok?" At least that's how I interpreted it.

What a word from the Lord for me in that moment. Levi's purity and calm reserve in that moment was a signaled whisper from the Lord teaching me that even through little eyes and mouths His voice can be heard.

I'm so thankful for my family and for the humility and light I already see in my son! I think he gets it from his dada. :)

Later this month we'll be going to a Redskin's game (thanks Mimi for watching Levi!) and I am going to try my hand (hopefully) at a peach cobbler (compliments of Nonny and Big's peach tree).

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment