Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Fall and Apples Pre-Post

I really should be sleeping, but I can't. I've just had the freshest breath of fall this evening and my mind is lingering on it.

The weather this season has screamed nothing but autumn and I could not be happier. We straight up deserve it for the crappy summer we had! Was it spring? Was it fall? Was it April all over again with the downpour of rain? No one will really ever know, but my heart is surely glad that's all over. I love summer, but that was ridiculous.

Levi had a blast tonight at Al's Honor System. Carrie and I made that name up (minus the Al part) - you see, a man by the name of Al sells seasonal items at a house on the corner of a lovely street in Warrenton (right near my sister's place). I got a basket of gourds, 3 pumpkins, a single bigger gourd, and a basket of apples for $20. I think that's good, right? Well, it doesn't really matter because the smell of the apples resonating with fumes of "Nanny's porch" all over them had me in heaven. Thanks Carrie for the throwback!

Nanny always had apples on her porch. Apples upon apples upon apples in those white little bags with handles on them. Where did she get them? I'm guessing they were probably from "the valley." The aromas bring me back to that porch where her comfortable arm chairs rested in front of her old timey TV (the kind with those old knobs you actually had to get up and TURN). Now we push a button from the couch. And soon I hear we'll be able to wave our hand and pause a channel (Samsung?)?

Anyway, I am loving fall this year. And as with every year, we've got mounds of birthdays followed by a handful of holidays that I just adore. This also means baking, pumpkin patches, hoodies, and TV shows that make me happy!

And also this fall is the Bible Study with the moms from church. More to come on that later, and another post with some fall pictures with an update on our adventures this week.

Talk to you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment