Monday, September 23, 2013

Here we go again.

It's 11:53 p.m. on Sunday night and I am not ready for work tomorrow. Is anyone else out there feeling my pain?

You know how it is.

Isaac is asleep and I'm lounging in the sunroom with "You, Me, and Dupree" on the tube. I will probably hit the sack here shortly.

Last night we watched "World War Z." I wish we had saved it for October. Although we don't really celebrate Halloween, I still like haunted houses and spooky, chilling things. Is that weird? It would have made me feel more seasonal watching it next month. Still, we had the window open and I was curled up in a blanket anyway. It felt cozy.

I'm getting more and more excited for fall and the weeks that ensue in the midst of autumn. Leaves have already started gathering around our porch and non-garden, garden bed. I bought a new wreath and a couple of mums for the front of the house. I enjoy decorating the outside but the problem is the $$. It is expensive!

I'm looking at two baskets of laundry across from me, folded, and wondering if they will get put away tomorrow. I'm also wondering if the bed will get made.

Isaac works all week. The early shift, to be exact. Which means longer hours for Mimi. more sleep for him, and a full week of solo mommy duty every night for me.

Levi and I are going to make an effort to get up to the "Honor System" this week after work. The Honor System is a little house on a street corner in Warrenton that sells produce and seasonal things. The reason it's called such is that the owner (Al?) is never there. You pick your items and leave the money in the door slot. I love the country! Who knows if we'll make it though. I've been soooo tired since my coworker went on maternity leave and I've been covering a large portion of her work.

We may be looking at a few chic-fil-a nights this week, too.

I went to church by myself this morning. Isaac stayed home with Levi. He wanted to relax and take it easy - we do go all the time. I had nursery duty so I really couldn't miss. I am thankful for nursery duty. It reminds me of how precious children are and how dearly I love them. They are treasured jewels.

And I'm just gonna point out...I often complain about my busy schedule with working full-time and raising a child too, but I give props to those mamas raising 5 kids and homeschooling. The Lord bless them - whew! The mothers picking them up always have smiles on their faces and lights in their eyes for their babies.

I'd better go to bed. It's 12:06 and I have to get up early to study. At least Peet's coffee awaits me!!

Ciao.




No comments:

Post a Comment