Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011, Here We Come.

I just finished a book. I love finishing books. It is a rarity, which I hate to admit and I am working to make it less of one.

I am not going to tell you the name of it, but I'm going to write to you a passage that blessed me in it's final chapter. It is a perfect prelude to a new begininning and I thought it ever-so-relevant to share as we enter into 2011.

If Paul were writing this chapter, I think he might conclude with the words he wrote to the Phillippians two thousand years ago:

"I'm not saying that I have all this together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward--to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision--you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.

Stick with me, friends. Keep track of those you see running this same course, headed for this same goal. There are many out there taking other paths, choosing other goals, and trying to get you to go along with them...All they want is easy street. They hate Christ's Cross. But easy street is a dead-end street. Those who live there make their bellies their gods; belches are their praise; all they can think of is their appetites.

But there's far more to life for us."

(from Philllipians 3, The Message)


What a powerful word to us as we enter back into reality of the working world next week and try to keep some sense of the serene-ness we've had this past week with family and Christmas pleasures.

May we always seek to remember what the goal in life is all about and strive to bring others to seek it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment