Saturday, November 3, 2012

Dinner Spinner: There's an "App" for Everything

I just found a new "app" on my iPod from allrecipes. It's called "DinnerSpinner."

Basically, there are three sections you can spin to find a type of dish you want: Dish Type, Ingredients, and Ready In. You scroll through each section and it finds several matches for you. How awesome is that?

It will search recipes in any amount of time you want to cook them in, and even pull up Slow Cooker recipes, which is great for the current season. 

It even makes a spinning, click noise, which makes me feel important and organized while I'm looking through. How dorky am I?

For some reason I stopped getting daily recipes in my email, which is fine because I can just google stuff anyway. But this DinnerSpinner is hot.

Why do I like it so much? Because I don't have to log on to my computer to find something. Granted, I can only access most of my apps when I'm connected to the internet, but if I'm playing with Levi or in another room with him and not in a position to look at my computer, I can pull this up on my iPod and search for recipes there. Then, I simply add them to the Favorites or Shopping List section and Voila! No need to type the needed ingredients into my grocery list.

A lot of the grocery stores, especially Wal-mart, do have internet access now through a built-in McDonald's or other nearby store. So if I'm at the store and do need to look up something, I can just log on to my iPod from there. Technology has really come a long way and is amazing.

I made two dinners this week from REALSIMPLE:

Chicken Spinach and Noodle Casserole and Garlicky Baked Shrimp.

After I make them I've been pinning them to Pinterest so I can keep track of all the recipes I've cooked. I've also grabbed some from AllYou (which has become one of my favorite magazines), some of which I have not pinned. Pinning is actually a great way to save favorites and look up something you've made in case you've forgotten about it. Who knew life would come to this one day?

I really don't want to be one of those people who blogs about recipes, because aren't there enough of those out there? But it's fun to incorporate some of what I'm doing into my blogs.

Bon Appetit!


I wish I had a better camera.
 

Chicken Spinach and Noodle Casserole


Garlicky Baked Shrimp.
Isaac actually loved this (although it WAS a bit too garlicky. Next time, I'll add less).

No comments:

Post a Comment