Sunday, November 11, 2012

It is finished, but I have discovered a whole new world.

I've discovered online grocery shopping.

Not that I haven't known about it before: I used to shop through Peapod and get my groceries delivered to my house. But since THAT'S not an option anymore as Giant has closed, I have taken a different route.

Harris Teeter Express Lane.

For the working mother, this is gold!

I actually like this method better than Peapod. And I didn't do Peapod all the time, just when we were in a time crunch. I've used Harris Teeter three times now and each time I love it more and more.

Harris Teeter is one of those "expensive" grocery stores, as they say. But time is money. Time I'd like to spare and money I'd rather spend to have it. It only costs me $4.95 to shop online and have it ready for me at the Express Lane, which is like a drive-through McDonald's. How 21st century is THAT?! You pick a time slot for pickup, you get a call you if there's an issue, and they are not allowed to accept tips when you pick up.

This has become so convenient for me. I don't have to get Levi out of the car or waste my time scouring the aisles. And you can even save your grocery list for future orders.

I truly love it. And I am loving Harris Teeter more and more. There are always a ton of specials, their produce is fresh, and I love how clean and organized everything is.

Though I love it, my heart still saddens each night I drive home from work and see this empty lot, and it's counterparts seemingly dwindling away:

IT IS FINISHED:




MY NEW WORLD:

I love the way they use paper bags with handles, and how they label our stuff with our last name. I know. I'm so dorky, but I can't help it.

"Greshim." 
 


Downside: accidentally ordering the wrong quantity. Two huge tubs of butter, lol. Oops. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of cooking and baking this season!!

I made French Toast Saturday morning. It was so good! And much better than this picture looks.

And we went to church this morning. This is Levi's "Praise the Lord" pose.

And this is him lounging around afterwards. For some reason he was cracking me up in this outfit today, especially with his hair getting bushier. 

Belly!

Talk to yen later.

No comments:

Post a Comment