Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm BEHIND in social media.

It ocurred to me this morning as I was reading an article on "How to Use Spotify" that I am extremely behind in Social Media. And the sad part is, I never thought I would say that. But I guess that's what happens when you get older.

As I was reading the article, it was talking about how if you have the upgraded, premium package, you will be able to access all your playlists on the Cloud. But if you don't, then you can't access your playlists. It was talking about a family Cloud and how they "haven't come up with that yet, so that everyone in the family can access the same playlists" etc. I became confused and overwhelmed, and so I "x'ed" out of the box quickly and never returned.

I was just looking for a SIMPLE tool people to find some good music with the bpm's I need to make workouts and create a playlist that allows me to utilize time sequencing in between songs.

Is that too much to ask for?

Why do I have to have a Cloud? And what exactly IS the Cloud? (And frankly, I don't want anyone to answer that.) Is it best to sync all my information in one place? Easier?

I feel like technology has taken off so fast and gone so far that I am past the point of return.

My family used to turn to me for technology advice and now I'm turning to them!

The "older generation" is finding their way again in technology, and here I am losing it.

Losing my MIND.

The problem: I'm certain I have songs on my iTunes account and Isaac's iTunes account. I don't know where they all went. And I am bothered by the fact that I don't know if I have to use my computer or his to get to the account anymore. And what happens if I want to start over and create a whole new one? For some reason, I feel like the Apple technology gods will not allow it.

I have two iPods (one for running and one that, well, Levi has taken over), an iPhone, a computer, and this ever looming Cloud that I think I'm supposed to learn somehow to make all of this connect and work right.

I'm out of touch and confused.

I tried Twitter for a few weeks. It was OK, but I can't get into - much less figure out - all that darn hashtag [#] usage. What are they really for anyway?

And Instagram? Forget it all together.

Everything seems to be made these days to "make things easier." Is that not the point of all of this craziness?

But in actuality, I'm more confused than ever.

I need simplicity. A few apps with what I need, one place to find everything, and no NEW and BETTER stuff that I have to upgrade or sync to.

Is that too much to ask?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Think how I feel. I'm twice your age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was referring to YOU when I said the older generation is finding their way again. You're ahead of me now!

    ReplyDelete