Friday, January 8, 2010

Small Drips, Big Results

Have you ever worked out so hard that sweat literally formulated and dripped down your nose or off your chin and onto the floor (and perhaps got in your eye and stung you)? That doesn't happen often, but boy did it ever tonight. It usually happens to me during Spin Class or Boot Camp Class, but tonight it happened during Cardio Interval Training Class. It was when I was doing mountain climbers on gliders while I was holding myself up by my arms on my step bench. When this happens, it is usually a sign that I have gone beyond my normal exercise max and tapped into something more. It also means that I am about to pass out.

I can't explain the feeling that well, but it's a high. Your hair becomes sopping wet and your clothes are drenched in bodily produced fluids that begin to formulate and smell. You are dying, panting, in pain, and don't feel like you can take it anymore. And then the trainer instructs you to push some more which prompts you pass the point of pain. Your muscles become numb and your legs begin to feel like jello. You no longer can feel or sense how hard the task at hand has become because you have passed the peak of the mountain and are going down the other side. This is when you know you've beaten yourself, just for a moment. And when you finally think you're done and are just about to throw your hands up in victory the trainer keeps pressing you and pressing you and pressing you, until FINALLY, you break for that little driblet of water.

I just love it when the sweat drips off my nose because I know that I have worked hard. It reminds me of being in a movie, or in real Boot Camp (which I'm sure is no comparison), when people train and they train and they train until they can go no further.

Let the Boot Camp, Cardio Intervals, and Spin classes keep coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment