Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blessings

A husband who's taller and bigger and smarter than me,
Glasses that help me better see.
Condo fees,
That prove I have a house to sleep.

A cat, a job, a car, two feet,
with which allow me to run on the street.

Parents, sisters, friends for life,
Water, food, a fork and knife.

Clothes that are clean and new and fresh,
A TV that's huge and claws at my flesh.

A beautiful, sparkly, gold diamond ring,
And painted nails that show off that bling.
A birthday fling,
That makes my heart sing.

Computers and cell phones and wine in a glass,
High heels that tell me to walk with that sass.

A shiny new laptop and ipod to tote,
Carkeys that have automatic remote.

Root Beer, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, and Coke,
No wonder so many waste life with a stroke.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know you were a poet... =D
    You should check out www.hellopoetry.com. I have a bunch of my stuff posted there, but it is a fun community to post poetry and read other peoples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again...didn't know you posted this. I think I changed the settings though so that I can get emailed people's comments. Neat site. Just checked it out. I liked your "Moving On" poem. You must've just written it :).

    ReplyDelete