Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Good Day

There are some days when life is extremely good. I mean, they're not just ordinary. They're not just OK. They're good. And on those days, everything seems to go your way and turn out for that good. Those days are rare, and few and far between. Most days are like running the rat race and waking up with an 8-ton headache, not even remotely ready to start the day. Most days are like the day before, and the day before that, and the day before that, and so on and so on. But today...was a good day.

There are few days when one wakes up and every thing that is set in place for that day, is great. I count those days as blessings, and certainly try to make them last a little longer, because I never know when they're going to come back.

Today was Friday, for starters. So, waking up to that and getting Starbucks on the way to work was a slice of heaven. I love those rare morsels of goodness. And then, I moved into my new office today and two sales guys were kind enough to help me move a second desk in for me so that I had an L-shaped working area with more than enough space. I even motivated one of them to clean out their old office. I had people stopping by and saying hello and chatting...I really started to feel like I was becoming part of the family (which is a little frightening and I don't know if I'm ready for that yet...or frankly even want to be part of the family. Is that bad?). I didn't get a whole lot of orders because business is steady, not too crazy, which works well for me I admit.

Later in the day, I got a personal email from the president of the company telling me that one of the sales reps told him that I was doing a great job and that I was a pleasure to work with. My boss was copied on it so that was the sweet icing on the cake. Don't worry, because God taught me a huge lesson on humility on my way home. But, that made me walk a little taller.

And if it couldn't get any better than getting my own office and a personal letter from the president today, tomorrow is my birthday--and it's a SATURDAY! So, the whole day I was on top of the world anyway thinking about what surprise planned by the hubby (for which, by the way, didn't show up until the end--long story) the evening held, and all this great stuff happens.

After work, I went to Peebles and bought myself a green sweater because, hey, it was only 9 bucks and I thought to myself, "Why not? Your birthday is tomorrow."

I spent the next 4 hours at dinner at Tony's with my favorite peeps in the world: my family. And, never mind the presents, my mom bought me the cake I wanted! It's the most fabulous cake in the world. Thanks mom. And, interestingly enough, an old, old friend of my sisters (who I also knew) that I haven't seen in about 5 or so years came over to the house to visit at 10 o'clock at night. He is an interesting character with some wild stories. And I must admit we are weird for having people over to our house at 10 o'clock at night.

It was one of the best days of life in a long while. I'm having more of those lately. And the great thing is, which a lot of people don't do I think, I'm allowing myself to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment