Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bless Him and Keep Him

Why is it that we get the biggest zits in the most horrific places right before we have to attend a big event where all our friends and family will be and lots of picture-taking will occur? Is there some little fairy zitpimple guy inside our faces that says, "Oh, hello, I see you have a big party on Wednesday, I am just going to crawl on to top of your skin and sit there until it's over..." THANKS!

Anyway, tomorrow is Isaac's official graduation. He said he was getting his gun today. I assume that I will hear all about it tonight when I get home. Can you imagine how proud he must be? Protecting the law and having the authority to do it, especially with a gun, is some serious business.

His life is changing forever tomorrow. His career will now be a 24-7 lifestyle with an always cautious, careful, and protecting mindset. He will grow into a habit of maintaining a watchful eye and always be weary of suspicious behavior. His mind, spirit, and body will be on guard constantly. It makes me feel safe, yet also scared for his life. I know there will be days that he will come home from cases dealing with murder, suicide, child abuse, car accidents, gangs, drugs, and much more. And that is not easy to swallow, for someone with a compassionate heart as his.

He will be brave, though. I know it. He will "never give up" as he told me last night at the dinner table. That's the one thing that stuck out the most to him, he said, that he learned during his 6 months in training. Never give up.

So today, I ask you to join with me in prayer for him as he takes on yet another new daunting challenge in life, and ask that God impart the wisdom and knowledge to make good and smart choices and protect him from evil and danger.

Lord - make him brave, make him strong, and always, always bless him during each and every call he receives.

No comments:

Post a Comment