Sunday, June 27, 2010

Exciting Times Ahead

If you haven't guessed it by now, and you read this blog, it's pretty clear that I love summer. I love fall, too, but there's just something about summer that I love so much and that makes my soul tingle. It's so wonderful. My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. I love Christmas, too, but the 4th has always been somewhat of a special holiday in my heart. It's just powerful...the fireworks, the heat, the fact that it represents a day to celebrate America. It makes me feel patriotic and proud, all the while basking in the heat of the summer sun. Something about it is just so glorious. And throw a couple of cookouts with kids running around getting their socks dirty and scraping up their knees in the mix and it just makes for the perfect all-American family dream. A dream that I am very much in love with.

This time of year is also Isaac's birthday - July 1st. And it just so happens that on this same day he will begin his first day of work as an official Police Officer. Coincidentally, it is also the first day that the Prince William County Police Force came into being. How ironic. July is also the month of our wedding anniversary. So, as you can imagine, this month, and summer in general, usually is an eventful and exciting time for us. And this summer, in particular, is especially joyful.

Next week all of the family will be here to attend Isaac's graduation and celebrate his birthday with us. We are so blessed to have family - some that live close and some that live far away - who are excited to take part in these exciting times. His dad, who lives in Florida, will be here. And his mom, who lives in California, will also be coming over. His grandma and her husband will be here as well. This week will be pretty busy and jam-packed with lots of get togethers.

We also have a wedding to go to in July, as well as a wedding reception (the couple already had a small wedding in Barbardos) in August. One of my college friends is coming in to town in July, as well, so it'll be good to see her and her husband. And also in August we're planning a vacation. Not sure where we'll be going yet, but it's great to have something to look forward to. It seems like we always plan our vacations in August so we can have the whole summer to think about it. It's kind of nice.

I am just beside myself this summer. It just seems like God's blessings of amazing family, amazing friends, and special events to partake in are shining through, which are bringing me to a place of great peace.

PS - I'm making chicken parmesean for dinner tonight with a splash of white wine.

2 comments: