Friday, August 10, 2012

I love this girl.

She was my first "pin" on Pinterest.

I have been trying to figure out how this whole Pinterest thing actually works, until today. I landed it.

Am I the only who thought it was complicated? It's probably because I've only been used to Facebook. I feel the same way about Twitter. Forget it!

But anyway, my cousin told me about Jasmine Star - one of the top 10 photographers in the world - a few years ago when I was trying to learn more about photography. And when I visited her website for that first time, I was captivated.

Her website, blog and store are all fluent with the same design, feel and texture. It mimics the look of a magazine. I love it. I am bleeding for this.

Speaking of magazines, she just recently launched, for the first time, a special edition of a magazine called "Exposed" that highlights the "beginning, struggles, mistakes, lessons, and minor victories of noted wedding photographer [Jasmine Star]."

I plan to buy it this weekend.

She is the main writer of the magazine, along with another friend, I read. Her stories formulate a writing effort she embarked upon - a commitment of 750 words a day for a month. That mini-project turned into a bigger one, that of a full-blown magazine. I love that it's a magazine and not a book.

The description writes, "Detailing the first two years of her business--everything from learning to shoot manually and posing tips, to being betrayed by allies and accused of copying someone else's work--Jasmine reveals a personal side to becoming a photographer and following her dreams."

I can't wait to get my hands on it.

This is the kind of thing that inspires me, that gives me hope that my dream is out there too. That one day, all these aspirations and efforts at my forefront will speed ahead in some form or fashion that the Lord wills.

The other reason I like her is because she "exposes" her vulnerability. In her blogs, in other writings, and her magazine.

It makes me feel like I can relate to her and that she knows where I'm coming from. That she's been there.

She explains in many of her posts how she did, and still does, deal with confidence, or lack thereof, within herself. And how she learns to work through it.

Of course, the glitz and glamour of her outward appearance (especially her guns!), and the blog's outward appearance catch my eye immediately also. What she writes about, reads about, where she photographs, and how she writes. It all appeals to me and gives me inspiration.

She is not just a photographer but a writer, a struggler, a dreamer, a human.

No comments:

Post a Comment