Monday, August 13, 2012

Just Al...Selling Me Some Tomatoes.

I don't know Al. In fact I never even met him.

He just sold me some tomatoes at his roadside stand in Warrenton through the honor system.

Who does that anymore?

Certainly nobody in Manassas. But in Warrenton, yes.

Levi and I spent the day at Carrie's on Saturday, as we often do because we get restless at home.

We went to the Farmer's Market, only to find they were closing up shop. So we wandered into one of the stores for some Chai and Lattes.

On our way home, we stopped at a roadside stand. A guy named Al, per his sign, was selling tomatoes for $1 a pound.

His note said to weigh the tomatoes, leave the money in the door slot, and take a free one after paying.

Sometimes I wish I lived 'out thur in the country.'

People are sweet and friendly, and trusting.

What has happened to society?!





He had squash too! Which I promptly bought.


Now THIS is the life.



Sunday night I made dinner for mom and pop: French Dip with Rump Roast Sandwhiches. 



Followed by Toffee Tiramisu. But I substituted the toffee chunks for dark chocolate. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment