Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Week of Adventures

Long gone are the days when a Sunday afternoon was spent slumbering on the couch and watching movies.

This afternoon, I found myself thinking about the times when Isaac and I would trot off to Bonefish and see a movie on weekend nights, as I was dicing up veggies to freeze for Levi's lunches.

A dinner out is a treat these days! Not to mention just having Isaac home. Our schedules are basically the exact opposite - and, as we say - I only see his "body in bed" half the time.

It is like we hand Levi off to each other in passing.

"Gotta leave for work hun, here's Leaves," I say in the morning as I lay him on the bed and he crawls all over Isaac's face.

Isaac, half awake, says "I'll see your body in bed tonight."

Yup.

It's so hard sometimes. 

But I believe we will look back and miss these moments, like I already miss the ones when Levi was first born. Getting up at 3 a.m. wasn't fun then, but it's fun to think about now. Isn't that how it always is?

I would pick Levi up out of his crib, cradle him in my arms, and nurse him while I watched reruns of "The Hills" and new episodes of "Lost." The light didn't bother him then. In the morning, we would repeat while "Good Morning America" and "Regis and Kelly" were on. I miss that SO MUCH.

Whenever something is new - you care for it like it's a fragile piece of glass. That's what we did with Levi.

We were tender, gentle, and particular.

Now, I fear I'm too rough with him sometimes, as I twist him back when he turns over in his changing table, or when I am not watching him and he bonks his head on the wall.

That's what boys do! And he sure is a boy.

I have a few baskets of laundry sitting next to me, but I am choosing to write instead of work. I vacuumed the entire house with Levi on my hip (he is scared to the bone of it), did laundry, boiled and cut his veggies, made our bed, and changed his crib sheet. I'm TIRED. Levi is napping. And I'm relaxing. Deal with it world.

"The Sandlot" is on, which I was watching a minute ago, right before I changed it to Football. Isaac would have me killed if he knew I forgot to change it to the Skins. Oops.

I love the Sandlot, though. One of my all time favs.

I wanted to write a post earlier about my adventurous week, but never got around to it.

Let me tell you about it.

Monday, I went to Elements Diet and Fitness for an orientation and observation, looking to gain some perspective and insight into the Personal Training world. Spent a few hours doing assessments on folks and learning how gym orientations are done. It was interesting.

Isaac was off all week, so I had several things scheduled to do. I have to take advantage of him being home to get things done!

Tuesday - here's my main adventurous stint - I went to Georgetown University Hospital to visit my niece Mariah. Hello, confusing freeways and veers. I missed the Whitehurst Freeway and had to turn around. Thankfully, the confusing road I turned on put me right back through a tunnel and onto Whitehurst. Heading onto Canal, I found myself traveling between tall buildings that were right up against the road. It felt very D.C. - ish. Oh, and there was a girl screaming at someone in a car near me for the entire street to hear. That's the city for ya! Ghetto central.

Sidenote: as our Skins are on, RG III just scored, and they are up by 11. Looking good? I think so!

When I arrived at the hospital, I was shocked at how old it looked. If you've ever been, it's kind of a school for students with an old-timey touch.

Isaac had taken Levi to West Virginia to see his great-Mamma that day and he wouldn't be home until later. A free night...what are those?

We had a great time.


Went to get dinner across the way and had some laughs.

I love adventures like this. New roads, new places, and figuring out how to get somewhere on my own. 


Wednesday night we were all home as a family. It was so nice.

Thursday night I went for my CPR recert - such a relief to have that done!

And Friday night we went to Foster's with mom and pop, followed by Nathan's for ice cream. Best part of the week! We ran into Isaac's aunt and uncle there - always bound to see someone you know at Nathan's! 

We let Levi run wild for a little bit and he had the bench-seaters ooo-ing and awww-ing at his cuteness. 

Go Skins!

No comments:

Post a Comment