Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Parade of 2012

Saturday morning we went to the Christmas Parade. Levi's first one, at the age of one. While I've lived in Manassas for most of my life and been near the parade for most of my life, I haven't been to it in several years. But we went yesterday and it was everything my heart could have hoped for: family, community, Christmas cheer, and hot chocolate.

I tend to get carried away from wanting to do all things festive with each season. From our Christmas Tree lighting in Old Town, to the parade, to wanting Isaac to help me decorate the house with lights, I know I am sure to get on my family's nerves.

My house is not adorned with tons of lights or decor on the outside or inside though, and that's only because I don't make the time to get it done. I do enough to make a statement, and the rest I carry in my spirit. Right now, I'm all about the experience of the season, the traditions, the events, and doing it all with my family. I do plan to get us custom stockings this year.

I love these memories we are making with Levi.

I am feeling so...CHRISTMASY this year. A couple of years ago I was annoyed with Christmas music, commercial advertising, and movies alike. But this year I somehow can't soak enough of it in. My heart has melted with sentiments of it all. 

I'm certain it has to do with having a son and seeing things through his eyes...


There's my lovely mom...wearing my old cheerleading warmup suit. Gotta love her! Ain't she purdy? She's so cute with her Hello Kitty gloves.





Redskin's Band!
 


I have no idea what he was pointing at.





 Dad cut all three of our head's off. LOL! I think the sun was in his eyes as he was shooting.


By the way, Grandma is visiting this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment