Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dreading Next Week and Closing the Condo

As I held him in my arms and we waved to daddy out the window, I caught a glimpse of what it would be like to be doing this full-time: staying home with my munchkin and watching daddy leave for work every day. Isn't that how it's supposed to be?

I lifted up the blinds so Levi could see out the window. He watched Isaac pull out of the driveway and flick on his siren for him to hear. He was so excited watching "dada" in his cool car as we looked out the front door and saw him drive away.

"This," I thought, "is where I want to be." Right there, at home, making lunches and dinners and playing xylophone while our Leaves runs around half naked banging on walls and making messes.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to be home all day every day or hold him while we watch daddy leave on week days, but at least grandma is instead. Count what blessings you do have. We are so fortunate that he's not in day care and blessed by family and friends who often lend helping hands.

Needless to say, all these things give me one reason to write a blog, and that is to therapeutically express these thoughts on paper in the form of posts. It often helps me sort through my thoughts in an organized fashion.

As of late, our current working and living situation has helped me realize that as a full-time working mom I stay very busy. Amidst my responsibilities at home and work, I still desire to pursue my own passions in fitness, writing, and other areas. Juggling so many things has allowed me to realize that maybe I can reach other moms and families who have many responsibilities like me, but also have other aspiring dreams alongside their domestic duties.

Having said that, I am in the middle of creating a brand new website with a fitness spin. The posts will stay the same for now, blogging about my regular ventures and insights. But it will also aim to help moms/families see how reaching goals are possible with the right strategy. And as time goes on, my eventual goal will be to integrate my fitness expertise in between, offering things like routines and exercises along the way.

I signed up for Twitter and created  a second Facebook page. Still in the works, the key is to make all things fluent and connected with the same theme.

A couple of friends have been helping me with the website and a logo, and I am so grateful!

In the meantime, I have to go back to work on Wednesday, and can I just say that I am not happy about it? This time off has been absolutely stellar. Spending time with Levi, being able to care for him all day, every day, spending time playing with him, sleeping in, and visiting with all kinds of family has been the best "break" I've had in a while. Boo for next week! (Though I do have some exciting news I will share with you in a few days on my New Year's post.)


Also, yesterday, we closed on our condo. FINALLY. It had been almost six months and we thought the day was never going to come. While it makes me sad to think of the memories, I couldn't be happier here on Windsor. We have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment