Friday, December 7, 2012

Georgia On My Mind

Today, I'm thinking about Georgia. Actually, I've been thinking about it for a while.

I've been there before, passing through on my way to Florida several times, but never have I been to Savannah.

That is where I'll be going with my two sisters this weekend.

Thankfully, Grandma Cindy is in town and has graciously offered to help watch Levi since Isaac has to work. THANK YOU GRANDMA! I will miss my buddy terribly, but am so excited for a road trip with the girls.

It is a lot to get ready for in even a small roadtrip when you're a parent. Perhaps even moreso when you're going alone: making sure there is enough food and snacks for meals back at the homestead, seeing to it that laundry is done not just for yourself, but for your family, finding a babysitter!, preparing food for the babysitter, taking care of loose ends at work. The list goes on. I think I've got most of that wrapped up.

So, the only thing left to do to ensure this is a nice trip is to make sure we don't fight with eachother!! 20 hours in the car together will either bring some claws out or belly-gut laughter with quick-passing time. I hope it's the latter! We usually have a great time together but are all three hard-headed, LOL!

I'm particularly looking forward to our reminiscent moments of old school music. You know, a little L.L. Cool J, Silk, and some Ace of Base direct from the iPod. And oh yes, buying a Savannah sweatshirt. It WILL happen.

(By the way, the POINT of this trip is to attend Anna's friend's college graduation ceremony. CONGRATS NIZ!).

Yesssss, Georgia here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment