Friday, December 3, 2010

Changin' It Up

Hey friends!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I've changed the name and title of my blog. It's still under the same domain, for now, but I needed and wanted to make some cosmetic and technical changes to it. And while Climbing Back Up had significant personal meaning, it was time for a modified, maturation forward.

The title Climbing Back Up, if none if you guessed it already, signified a moving upward, a reaching higher, grasping to get back up to the top again. For as we all know and experience, we can go through lulls and lose sight of His purpose and His will in our daily walk. And which top was this, you ask? The top to where Jesus is. But what I realized and what nudged me to make this change, was that I was never at the top. And, I will never be at the top. We are always at a constant motion toward Christ, but we will never actually be all the way there with Him until we get to heaven.

So, I have decided a more appropriate title would be "Cross-ward." I think this is a much better fit not only for my own personal walk, but for a general baseline description of Christian idealogy. We are always moving "Cross-ward," not necessarily "Up." And why "Up" anyway? As I heard Dr. Rutland say in his message the other day on "Power not Power," heaven is not really up. It's not some place we arise up and float to, it's a dimension. And the dimension I want to be "floating" to is the cross, wherever and however that may be.

Since many of you get this blogpost via email, here's the direct link to the site so you can see the new look for yourself, if you're interested! Looking forward to many more blogs with you...

cross-ward.blogspot.com

2 comments: