Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this has been a great year.

Christmas Eve service tonight was I think, the best one I've been to yet. Although I was sad that Isaac wasn't there (as he was working), the agenda that Jeff and team at Clear River planned was awesome.

From the the Christ-centered Christmas carols to Zibby's prayer and the simple, yet passionate and ever-so-true message that Jeff preached made it a night to remember. At least for me.

I did miss my husband by my side. It was the first Christmas Eve we've ever had apart since we've been married. It was nice, though, to have other family around so that I wasn't alone.

Back to Jeff's message. He brought back the remembrance to our hearts of the true meaning of what Christmas is all about, and it was a great one. He said we can fill our hearts with things of this world: money, power, status, etc. but they will not matter in the end. Years from now when we are old and facing the end of our earthly lives, the only thing that will matter is our relationship with Him.

Jeff reiterated God's words that we can have all the earthly treasures we desire if we so choose, but in the end those things will not make us happy and will not secure a way for us into God's arms. The only way is to trust in Him and believe in Him. And believing is more than just a a notion. It means to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something. It also means to depend on.

May we worship in truth and, as Jeff said, instill visions of crosses in our heads instead of visions of sugarplums.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment