Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Unfortunate Mishap

It was 1:00 a.m. and there I was. Curled up in a ball on the bathroom floor hoping for either the discomfort to subside, or for someone to lift me off the face of the earth so I never had to experience that feeling again. I reached for the lid, lifted it up, and surrendered my dinner.

Throw up bouncing off a car door and into the street. A face planted on the bathroom floor, a body sprawled out in agony. A bathroom sink catching glimpses of a face in misery. A teacher getting vomit for lunch. Groans and moans coming from the bedroom followed by decrepit paces down the stairs.

That was us. That was us at 1:00 a.m., 3:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m., and so on yesterday.

What in the world happened? We don’t know!

All we know is that we have been churning and burning and hurling and burling for the past 48 hours.

Some of us have stopped. Others just began.

Saltines, gingerale, chicken noodle soup, and Nyquil have been purchased around the Warrenton, Manassas, and Woodbridge globes as we were sights to behold.

A sister, two brother-in-laws, two nephews, two nieces, and a husband later, this treacherous beast of a bug caught a hold of all of us and has been giving our intestinal and bowel systems a workout since Tuesday morning.

I know that’s probably TMI, but I wanted to make my sisters laugh and I’ll do just about anything to make that happen.

Beware of this awful wintry animal before it comes to get you.

No comments:

Post a Comment