Sunday, May 19, 2013

Overwhelmed at 6:00 a.m.

There I laid...in bed...at 6:00 a.m. this morning, my alarm staring at me in the face on a snooze break.

I did not want to get up. All I could think about, which started the night before, was how much work I had accumulated in class on Saturday. I thought I was practically done?

Unlike me, I've been pretty much ahead of the game through school and after I finished my practicum I quickly got my e-portfolio together with all the required documents like they wanted. "Better to do it now," they said, "then all at once at the end."

Come to find out last night that apparently we have to have a separate documented lesson plan (even if it's the same one) for each block we taught, in order to depict separate reflections at the end. Sooooo stoopid!!

Don't you hate that? When you thought you were seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and suddenly someone puts a big black veil over it? Dangit!

I'm telling you, I was seriously stressed last night. Not just from the thinking about redoing the lesson plans, but learning I have to add a Homework Policy to my Classroom Management Plan (not to mention find out what these other requirements are on the e-portfolio page). And I was also thinking about all the things I jotted (ok not really jotted. Who jots anymore? I recorded it in a note in my iPhone) down during class:

-Update welcome page and cover letter with Wellness Committee info
-Add updated resume and cover letter to e-portfolio
-Add cover page to classroom management plan
-Email all principals and avps of every county I'm applying to
-Email Tara, Sarah, Dee, and Uncle Time my resume
-Apply in Frederick County
-Add still shots to e-portfolio
-Add e-portfolio link to resume
-Not to mention, FIND A JOB! (Two girls in my class already have one. Depression!)

It just dawned on me that my Curriculum & Instruction teacher is the PE Supervisor of the entire county of Frederick. The county Isaac and I would like to live in some day.

WEIRD. And cool at the same time.

I was, I am, suddenly overwhelmed again.

You see, we had a panel of teachers from Loudoun County come to class yesterday. And after much Q&A it was advised that we email every school/principal in the counties we are applying to our resume and cover letter. I already knew this, and was planning to do it, but the thought of it overwhelms me. If I'm applying to six counties and it's already May, I need to hurry up. And six counties is a LOT of schools.

So, there I was in bed. Trying to peel myself from the covers and begin the day. But I knew it was only a matter of time before Levi was going to wake up. It was nearly 6:30 at this point. Would he let me work for a little while? One can never tell with this 1 1/2 year old.

6:45. There I am with my coffee, reading Psalm 18 and googling "The Prayer of Jabez." My sister always knows the right things to tell me when I'm feeling down or worried.

"Read the prayer of Jabez," she said. So I googled it because I don't have it. I should buy it, but in the mean time I found a scripture reference.

1 Chronicles 4:10

Jabez cried out to the God of Israel," Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.

Ok, if that's not a wake up call I don't know what is.

God is so good, even in the midst of pain and my struggling. And even though sometimes I don't know if I can make it from day to day on these weary limbs, I know He is my strength. And He always will be.

I semi-recouped from my pity party and did a little work while Levi watched Elmo. Thank God for Elmo.

Hopefully tonight I can get some more done since Isaac will be back from drill.

6:45.

"Mama."

And so our day began.

Here's some stuff I did around the house while Levi danced to his "songs." Don't you like his new pjs?


This was pre dance. :)



I finally hung these photos I purchased a while back in his room.


Ah...my NY pictures...


Mother's Day gift from Annie. Had to move it from the mail table because Levi kept pulling it down. This week, that's the truth. And the laundry keeps piling.


He's been napping since 11. And I feel guilty for not working out or doing stuff around the house. But I just wanted to read my book. And darnit, that's what I did! I can't believe I started it last week and I'm already this far. I can't put it down. It reminds me of OBX and makes me want to crawl into that alcove in the room we stayed in with the dimly lit lamp, blowing fan, and ocean air, and read until my heart's content. I can dream, can't I?



When he wakes up, I'll feed him lunch, clean up a bit, and then hopefully we'll head off to Marshall's.

Lazy Sunday for sure!

Oh and PS - Isaac surprised me by telling me he bought me a new computer today. Gosh how I love that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment