Friday, March 9, 2012

My Husband Makes Me Feel Special

Yesterday I took off work because Isaac had court and nobody else could watch Levi. And I got a good glimpse of what it would be like to be a stay-at-home-mom.

We had our morning bottle, then some rice cereal, a nap, followed by a nice long run with the running stroller...in which he napped again. Who wouldn't fall asleep when the warm sun is beaming down on your face with the wind flapping briskly over a relaxed state of motion? Sometimes I wish I was a little baby getting toted around!

It saddened me to go back to work today and wish for those things to become permanent. To believe that one day, maybe one day, I can stay at home for good and take care of my sweet Leaves every day.

That is not the point of this blog - to tell you about my wonderful day at home - though it is worth a separate entry of its own.

I write to tell you about what happened later that day:

Isaac took me to Victoria's Secret.

Yes, he did.

Why? I don't know.

Other than just to symbolize his appreciation and love for me I suppose.

Sometimes he does that. He suprises me out of the blue and does something for me when and how I least expect it.

He mentioned it a few days back, but I didn't think it would happen. I just figured it was a fleeting thought. But he didn't.

I felt so special picking out my dainty things and having the cashier ring them up like I shopped there all the time. All the while putting "tester" lotion on my hands upon standing in line. I smelled good dangit!

To tell you the truth, Isaac deserves his own shopping spree. Or rather, some car-wash coupons or a night out alone for himself. He is a champion dad. Sincerely the best one there is out there. He spends days with Leaves and helps me at night, too. He does dishes, swiffers, and gets little to no sleep. I don't know he does it sometimes.

Anyways...


It doesn't, and didn't, take much to make me happy. Instead of just being the binky-keeper and laundry-folder, I felt like a woman again. It felt good.

And then I chuckled inside as I walked out of the store and put my Victoria's Secret bag next to the box of Pampers.

...

Thank you Isaac, my love, for reminding me that I'm first your wife and then a mother.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, visiting your blog for the first time today. I love it! What an awesome post about your sweet husband. And I loved hearing about your day at home. : )

    ReplyDelete